APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY! Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know! Share / Like / Tag a friend in a post or comment! To complete application process efficiently and successfully, you must read the Application Instructions carefully before/during application process.
Internship – Technical Assistance & Country Capacity Strengthening, New York, USA
Under the joint supervision of the Senior Consultant and the Senior Programme Adviser, Technical Assistance and Country Capacity Strengthening Service, the intern will perform the following duties and complete the following deliverables:
• Based on existing reference publications for the health sector (in particular the Global Burden of Disease and the Disease Control Priorities, 3rd edition), provide inputs to improve the current economic model of the WFP Cost-Benefit Analysis, with a focus on health benefits. Identify pathways to impact, relevant indicators and other data points in order to measure quantify, and monetize the school meals value added on children’s health and nutrition.
• Based on the results from the Capstone Mission Report on school meals programmes in Ethiopia (in particular the Bottleneck Analysis, Systems Map and Theory of Change), and based on WFP data and expertise and the academic literature, generate quantitative analysis and actionable knowledge to leverage school meals to improve children’s health and nutrition.
- Currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or completed at least one year of graduate studies or recently completed graduate studies (graduation in the past six months) in the field of Global Public Health;
- University course attendance in the past 12 months;
- Excellent knowledge of references and methodologies in the field of Global Public Health, Medicine, Child Health and Development;
- Excellent command of English;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to work productively and proactively in a multi-cultural environment;
- Previous experience in the development/humanitarian sector would be an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of WFP policies and programmes, especially related to school meals and nutrition, would be an asset;
- Previous experience (academic or operational) in field contexts would be an asset.
Terms and Conditions:
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse
2 Paid #Internships at #USA and #Italy at #WFP
How to Stop Missing Deadlines? Follow our Facebook Page and Twitter !-Jobs, internships, scholarships, Conferences, Trainings are published every day!