APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY! Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know! Share / Like / Tag a friend in a post or comment! To complete application process efficiently and successfully, you must read the Application Instructions carefully before/during application process.
Deadline: 21 June 2018
Open to: filmmakers working in all genres
Award: cash prizes
The United Nations International Organisation for Migration (IOM) Global Migration Film Festival 2018 is open for entries. Professional and emerging filmmakers are invited to submit films about the promise and challenges of migration. The Festival focuses on the challenges and promises of migration, and the unique contributions migrants make to their new communities.
A committee of international film professionals will select a number of outstanding productions to be screened for a diverse audience: thousands of people in almost 100 countries. The screenings will take place in varied locales, from cinemas to concert halls, and even impromptu settings in hard to reach areas and along popular migration routes such as the trans-Sahara corridor.
The goal of the Festival is to pave the way for greater discussion around one of the greatest phenomena of our time: migration. Furthermore, it is an innovative avenue for normalizing discussions of migration through storytelling, and an advocacy tool that can draw attention to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), thus helping all nations as they work to meet them.
- Professional and emerging filmmakers working in all genres are invited to submit original films, to be screened around the world during IOM’s Global Migration Film Festival;
- Films that tackle negative perceptions of migrants, defy stereotypes and portray positive and welcoming actions by and toward migrants are encouraged;
- Only films submitted through the festival’s designated platform, FilmFreeway, will be considered;
- Films may only be submitted by individuals with the legal right to negotiate the use of the work;
- Films of all genres (feature, documentary, animation, etc.) and lengths will be accepted;
- Films completed on or after January 1, 2015, are eligible for consideration;
- Films should be in English or subtitled in English. Subtitles are encouraged, even if the dialogue is in English, to
How to Stop Missing Deadlines? Follow our Facebook Page and Twitter !-Jobs, internships, scholarships, Conferences, Trainings are published every day!