Following are the main causes for the Lucknow Pact signed between the Indian National Congress and Muslim League in 1916
1) Change in the objective of the Muslim League: Loyalty towards the government was one of the main objectives of the League, but in 1913, the League had amended its constitution to include a system of self government. Therefore it agreed with congress to have a political goal for India.
2) International Events: In the first world war Turkey had to fight against Britain. The Turkish ruler was the Caliph or religious head of the Muslims. Therefore the Muslims all over the world felt that the Turkish ruler needed their help and sympathy. So Muslim League turned against the British.
3) A compromise between the two factions of the Congress:Mrs. Annie Besant made efforts to reunite the two wings of the congress-the Moderates and the Radicals. Tilak rejoined the Congress in 1916. He also played a very important role in bringing congress and League on the same platform.
4) National Events: To reunite the two wings of the congress-the Moderates and the Radicals. Tilak rejoined the Congress in 1916. He also played a very important role in bringing congress and League on the same platform.
5) National Events: Due to anti partition movement partition of Bengal was cancelled in 1911. The Nationalist Muslims used this as an opportunity to spread nationalist ideas among the Muslims.
Under Seditious Meeting Act some Muslim leaders were arrested. This gave a set back to the Muslim League.
APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY! Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know! Share / Like / Tag a friend in a post or comment! To complete application process efficiently and successfully, you must read the Application Instructions carefully before/during application process.
How to Stop Missing Deadlines? Follow our Facebook Page and Twitter !-Jobs, internships, scholarships, Conferences, Trainings are published every day!